A marketing plan clearly outlines how you will reach your ideal customers by effectively implementing your marketing strategy. There are thousands of ways you can promote your small business. With the right mix of activities, you can identify and focus on the most effective marketing tactics for your small business. Video content is really valuable, and while it can cost big bucks to get professional YouTube videos produced, there’s nothing wrong with giving it a shot yourself or hiring a film student video maker. When you visit news sites, entertainment sites or blogs like this, which offer business advice, you are visiting a site that uses content (useful information) to market itself. Content Marketing can successfully be used to market any type of business and it is unbeatable when it comes to attracting new clients, sales leads, inquiries and subscribers.
How content marketing works:
- You create a website, blog, newsletter or podcast, etc. You use it to provide FREE information that has real value to your prospective clients, whilst offering them the opportunity to purchase goods, services (or both), which are closely linked to the information you give away.
3 groups of people, who will read your Content Marketing:
The first group is small. They are what I call serial freebie seekers. These people never ever pay for professional help. They were never prospective clients, so you lose nothing. The second group is the largest. These people will try and do something themselves, but will hire professional help if they are not getting the results they need. They value genuine expertise. The third group is the smallest. These are the rare people, who value their time and also ‘get’ that by hiring an expert to do something correctly for them, it works out a lot less expensive, the results are better and things happen faster.
Other Internet Marketing Tips:
- Start a Google Adwords pay-per-click campaign.
- Start a Microsoft adCenter pay-per-click campaign.
- Comment on a blog post.
- Record a video blog post.
- Upload a video to YouTube.
- Check your online directory listings and get listed in desirable directories.
- Set up Google Analytics on your website and blog.
- Review and measure your Google Analytics statistics.
- Register a new domain name for a marketing campaign or a new product or service.
- Learn more about local search marketing.
- Track your online reputation.
- Sign up for the Help a Reporter Out (HARO) email list.
Any small business knows that marketing expenditures are hard to justify. The most cost-effective marketing is an idea that can be spread by word-of-mouth. The benefit of this type of campaign, often called guerrilla marketing, is that when done right, it can engage Facebook friends, Twitter followers, local press, and national media. Creating content that is going to disappear after 24 hours might seem like an unattractive proposition to most marketers, but if that’s where your users are, that’s where you should be too. Focus on reflecting the human qualities of your brand. If your brand is new to ephemeral content, try starting with behind-the-scenes gifs or videos, brand announcement teasers, or snippets from events.. If you want to avoid wasting stacks of money and missing countless sales opportunities, throw your old marketing guides and audio programs. Before putting any marketing tips or marketing tactics into place, check the date of the information you are using.